Back when Cam was here we took a break one afternoon from cruising around and shooting cars to go up to Vasquez Rocks. Given its prevalence in media for such a long time and its true wild west vibes I always like to show it to family and friends who haven’t been out to California when they visit. He seemed to also really enjoy it and we got a lot of good shots around the area and with the sun setting.
Yes, these photos are old, I shot them in May earlier this year when I was in New York and New Jersey for work. I wanted to try to shoot one cohesive roll when I had some free time and I finally developed them a couple weeks back. These photos were on a roll of Fujifilm Pro 400H with my Rolleiflex 6008. I mostly used my Schneider 80mm f/2 PQ lens, but also used my Schneider 150mm f/4 PQS lens a little as well. My delays in developing are due to me waiting to get enough film piled up and ready to develop before I mix new chemicals so I can maximize the amount of film put through them before they go bad.
I should be shooting more in the near future so the time between shoots and development should drop back down quite a bit. The other thing I’ve been working on lately is getting content ready for prints and for a possible photo book of cinema film shots. I’m trying to integrate a shop into the site so they could be ordered directly here, but that’s a little slow going, until then I’ll be posting works on Saatchi Art and if anyone has a request for a specific photo of mine just shoot me a message and we can work something out.
With Fujifilm discontinuing Acros I’m starting to test other B&W films I haven’t worked with much to see how they fair in caffenol. I have been hoping to find a film as flexible that could be shot from 100-1600iso on the same roll similar to Acros, though that is a tall order. For this roll I shot Kodak T-Max 100 from 100-800iso and developed it in caffenol c-h for 15min at 68f. The 100-400iso shots came out pretty well, though a little thinner than I expected. The 800iso shots were totally unusable, I’m not sure if increasing development time would even fix that, but I might try again and also try caffenol c-l and do that as a semi-stand method. To get the recipes, check out this book.